Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The start of a new blog

Today I decided that I was going to start blogging again. From time to time I will be posting stories and photos about being lost "Somewhere in Vermont", wondering the back roads of Vermont discovering the old hill farms, the old-timer’s, the people and places that make Vermont so special. This is all coming to an end of an era and is now disappearing at a very fast rate. I am trying to photograph as much of it as I can before it's all gone. Taxes and the high cost of living is forcing many old family farms to be sold because the people can no longer afford to live on the land that there families have care for on behalf of several generations. The quaint old Vermonter and his farm are being replaced, while these new Vermonters are fixing up the old farms and preserving them, gone for ever is that old rundown hill farm and the people who lived and worked them. I only hope I'm not too late to record some of what remains. And I hope you will from time to time check in, relax, an enjoy the photos and stories that I find out there in the hills of Vermont.

Peter Manship

No comments: